Tuesday, February 12, 2013

20 Days of WOW Blogging: Day 8

    So today it is supposed to be 10 things you don't know about me. That should be easy since most of you don't know me at all. So let's get started.

Thing #1:
    Most of you probably do not know of a game called Starfire. I was very involved in that game's development early on. I was even credited in several of the game books. The game was eventually sold and I tried to help out there. But the new company had a different vision for the game and a new direction for it. I generally didn't like the changes. I tried to stay involved with the older games development  but due to some office politics going on between some others, and my own children being born, I ended up leaving the community all together. Every now and then I look in on the game, but it's not the same game I once knew.

Thing #2:
    I was born on Halloween. I love the holiday, and pumpkin pies. My wife does not like pumpkins.

Thing #3:
    I was once in the US Navy. I served on nuclear submarines called boomers. My boat has been decommissioned since I have left the service.

Thing #4:
    I have an Associates in Applied Science fro Computer/Electronic Engineering. I have no certifications and I have been working the IT field since 1992.

Thing #5:
    I have been married twice. First one ended because she was not faithful to me. My second wife, while we argue, will not cheat on me. Nor I on her. Her marriage ended for similar reasons.

Thing #6:
    I play more than WoW for MMO's. I have Star Trek Online (STO), Dungeons & Dragons Online (DDO), DC Universe Online (DCU), Champions Online, and Wizardry Online. I have played other MMO's but most of them I quite after just the Initial run. Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR) I used to play till they went Free to Play (F2P) Since then the playability of it has suffered enough that I have not wanted to go back yet. There are other MMO's out there that I may one day try. But WOW, STO And Wizardry is what I mainly play at the moment.

Thing #7:
    My favorite pet to have is lizards. When I can, I try to keep some. Currently my wife is against lizards in the house. So I vicariously have lizards by making lizard-like characters when the game allows it.

Thing #8:
    The local TV station ran a story on my local Vampire LARP group. I was part of them at the time. And I did show up on TV in that report.

Thing #9:
     I taught myself to play D&D. I even have taken the time to figure out how to play any RPG by myself just so that I could hone my skills as a DM/GM. I got to the point where when I ran games for other players, I winged everything. I planned nothing out beyond what my world was like and what the story arc was to be about. Everything else I made up as the adventure went. And everyone did have fun. SO much so, that I rarely got to be a player.

Thing #10:
    I wish that I had a regular group of people that I payed with on any game just so that I can feel part of the community and game. I find it very lonely these days always doing randoms and lfr's. So I don't have anybody in my guild, and only know a couple people in game that even try to do anything with, on rare occasions.

    So that, hopefully, is 10 things you didn't know about me and at least find interesting. This was harder than it looked to do. But I persevered on and got through it. Tomorrow is supposed to be about my first blog. Not sure what I am supposed to do with that as all you need to do is go back to Day 1 and see my first blog. SO I don't know what I will write about instead. Tune in to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment