Monday, May 13, 2013

Open Beta Weekend Fun

       So this past weekend was Open Beta on the STO Tribble server for Legacy of Romulus. Also it was Double Astral Diamond for Open Beta Neverwinter. These two things became my focus for the weekend.
       Neverwinter was easy to keep this up. You can log on to the Gateway for Neverwinter and manage your Professions. This gave me level 17 for my character and collected around 4k of the Astral Diamonds. I didn't need to commit a lot of time to do this. And if I had been more diligent about my Astral Diamond efforts I would have made way more. But STO Open Beta really grabbed my attention.
      Playing a Romulan in STO was way more fun than I thought it would be. And flying a warbird, with it's new Singularity mechanics was all kinds of fun. And the story line is superb. It really does draw you into the events and gives you a reason to do what your are doing. I made a Romulan Tactical Officer. I allied with the Klingons. I ran as many missions as I could and reach Sub-Commander and gained my Tier 3 ship, a Mogai warbird. My uniform options are interesting but not as colorful as the feds. KDF adjustments I liked better than the pure Romulan options. But I did have trouble getting them to wearing all the same. And then if you put girls in skirts, the options were limited to one thing. And not a good look. And makes the boot options limited. So all of my BOF's wear pants.
        So that's what I did this weekend in gaming. Stay tuned to find out what I talk about next.

No comments:

Post a Comment