Monday, February 24, 2014

Fantasy News and Views

World of Warcraft
     So lots of news has been released for Warlords of Draenor and WoW in general. First on that list, to me, is the fact that WoW has gained 200K Subscribers. Past few reports have been about sub losses, so this upswing is encouraging news for the eventual longevity of the game. And the talk is this is mostly from changes in the recruitment rewards and upcoming release of Warlords. All good things I think.
     New artwork for character models came out. The changes to the character models are such that running a high res screen they will look good again. With moving fingers and flowing hair, the animations have stepped up quite a few notches too.
     One of the bad things I see coming though is this requirement to get to silver in Proving Grounds for the role before you can run Looking For Dungeon Heroic at level 100. This sucks because they don't have that balanced out right so that every class can complete the Silver level. It will only be good once they have that balance issue fixed. But until then, Casual Players like me will be barred from getting into Heroic. Not a good choice since I am just as competent with my main and any other hardcore player. I hope that they change this before release.
     Other changes are occurring to stats and button bloat but I haven't poured over the exact numbers yet. So when I get the time to read those changes and figure out what they mean I will say something here. I really don't have much else to say at this time for what has been announced so I will end it here. Enjoy everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment